Sunday, January 08, 2006

Average Ordinary Post

If you remember, I mentioned I might buy an MP3 player with my Christmas gift cards this year. I did end up buying it, and I'm enjoying it so far. I just got the cheapest one Best Buy had to offer, which was this 512 meg ScanDisk model. Nothing fancy, it plays my music. The main reason I was hesitant to get an MP3 player for working out was the headphones. I hate (and refuse to use) ear jack head phones. The kind that just rest in your ear. That leaves me with over the head, behind the neck, or ear clip on type head phones. So I first tried a pair of ear clip on type from Sony. They sucked, just plain sucked. The sound was crackling the first time I used them and they did not sit in my ears correctly. While working out they would slowly slide out of position. Or worse, sweat would get in between my ear and the ear piece causing my ear to plug up and I couldn't hear anything.

Finally I broke down and decided I HAD to get a new pair of headphones. So off to Best Buy I went, trying to decide if I wanted to try a different style of ear clip ons, or just go with the behind the head ones. In the end, I decided on the behind the head style. Tried them out today and they were AWESOME. They fit really snug and the sound is good. The only thing is how the sponge parts will hold up to constantly being soaking wet. If those wear off quickly, I'll be a bit upset, but oh well.

Saturday afternoon, Andrea and I tried this new restaurant in Apple Valley called Majors Sports Cafe. It just opened last month, replacing some seafood place I had never been to. The place was very similar to Champps only slightly more expensive. We liked it and I'd definitely go back. Andrea had a White Chicken pizza (alfredo sauce with olives and chicken) and I went with a club sandwich. They also have the seasoned cross cut fries which were good. Only problem is they charge .99 cents for the seasoned sour cream!

Not much going on this upcoming week, but the week after I will be going to a bunch of sporting events. On the 16th, I'll be going to a Wild hockey game (first one) and then on the 20th a Timberwolves game. Should be lots of fun, hopefully I can sneak my camera into both events.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Hey.... speaking of sporting events, would you be interested in going to one of the UMD vs U of M hockey games coming up in March (the first week, I believe). I was thinking we could try and get a group together (Scott, Kyle, Steve, etc). We'd have to get tickets soon, or maybe they're already sold out... I don't know. We'll be back in town tomorrow night and will talk to you guys after that sometime...

Shawn said...

Give us a call - we went to one last year in Jan. Are you talking about heading to Duluth for that? Might be fun if we can manage the time.