Sunday, January 01, 2006

Just one post

Sometimes all it takes to motivate me is a single post. I bitch about my workout habits and the next two days I break records. Friday I did 5.5 miles on the eliptical. (previous record, about 5.3) Saturday I was able to run for 35 minutes without resting at a 5.5 mph pace, with the last two minutes at 6.5 mph. Ended up doing 4 miles in 46 minutes (4.25 miles in 50 minutes). It was great! I'm getting close to my 10 minute mile goal...

The last couple years, we have tried to have some kind of get together for New Years. These get togethers ranged from me getting so drunk I thought i'd never get invited back, to years I was so sick (from a cold) for new years that I thought I'd die from one drink. Ringing in 2005, I honestly didn't want to have a get together, but before I could prevent it, invitations were sent out. (2 people came over?) This year, I finally enjoyed a new years with just myself and Andrea. And you know what? It was everything I hoped it could be. Do I wish I had lots of more people over? Sure, but that's a topic for a whole nother post...

For tonight, we sent Megan over to her Grandma's. Her Grandma that had a tempature of 102 according to recent reports! Of course, Grandma would never tell us that!! (shame on you!) Oh well, as long as Megan doesn't get sick. (yes Mom, that was us calling at midnight, and yes, we were going to come take Megan from you - we are Crazy Parents)

Welcome to 2006!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To paraphrase Shakespear, Rumors of my illness were greatly exaggerated! She was a doll and slept through the night. What more could an ailing grandma hope for?