Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The World According to Megan

It's Feb 1st already! Where did January go? I honestly don't even remember it. Is life just going to keep getting faster? It feels like we were just celebrating the new year last week. All of a sudden 1/12th of the year is gone.

Megan is going to be 4 months old next week. Although she is still very much a little baby in the sense that she isn't doing much on her own yet, at the same time it seems like she is grown so much already. Aside from her constant interaction with us, mainly in the way of huge smiles, one of the biggest changes is her vocalization. She is VERY vocal and loves to talk to us, to herself, even empty rooms. Click the link below to hear what Megan has to say about her life so far.

Conversation with Megan

I keep having a recurring dream about Megan, she is older, maybe 1 or 2 years old. She is saying her first words and we are talking. Or she is just starting to walk with my help. I think the reason I have these dreams is because of how excited I am to experience the next phases. Her level of interaction with us is really fun right now, she smiles when we walk into her bedroom. She sits and talks with us while we eat dinner. I spend my weekend mornings playing with her while she does nothing but smile at all the things I do. It's just indescribable how awesome it is. And I can only see it getting better and better as time goes on.

Despite all that, it's funny how the mind works. Some days, I feel like, "No way am I a Dad!" Sometimes I still feel like that 18 year old heading off to the unknowns of college. Maybe it's those same feelings about the unknown that Megan sparks. Some days it feels like, I won't really feel like a Dad until she says actually calls me "Dad".

I know there are other things at work with those feelings. Oddly enough, a lot of it has to do with my fitness and weight loss. I'm still learning who this "new" me is, that has health as such a priority now. It's a lot of change all at once and no matter how fast I try to process it, more change keeps piling up! Perhaps I'll post more about that this weekend. Doubtful, with the super bowl and all.

Here are some closing pictures of Megan. Enjoy!


Another cute shot.


Should give an idea of how long Megan is now. She is growing fast!


Megan really likes the mobile in her crib that my brother and his wife got her for Christmas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think both of you are adorable.

-Your Wife

spock74 said...

Awww...fer cute! And mushy! I love it! Mushy Shawn, who would've thunk it?