Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Every Beginning has an End

Don't worry, I'm not ending my blog or anything like that. Just a simple saying... it's probably been around or used for a long time. (nothing original to be found here!) It might also invoke images of that horrible third Matrix movie where The Oracle says something along those lines.

No, it just happened to be an offhand comment made by Andrea tonight. She probably had no clue that my first thought when hearing it was the Matrix. The fact is, despite the cheesy-ness of the saying, I like it. It's one of those sayings that is kind of hard to argue with given what we observe in the universe around us.

From a more simplistic stand point, it just reminds me that life is about a collection of beginnings and ends. For a long time, I looked to the past aspects of my life and lamented over the things that I missed / no longer had. I think that I've finally got past that and can see things in my life that have "ended" being just as valuable to me as all the other new "beginnings".

In other words, who I was is just as important as who I am, and who I'm one day going to be.

Have I lost you yet? Good. Me too.

The other reason I like the saying is the pessimist in me. No matter how bad things might get, those things will have an end too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're right that who you were is just as important as who you are because who you were made you who you are.