Saturday, July 26, 2008

Weekend Warrior

Honestly, I do wish I could blog more then once a week, but time just escapes me. Between my nightly runs, other activities, and my own need to just relax a bit each night, I can't seem to find the time.

Work is definitely not helping matters either. I'm not stressed out about it, which is an odd feeling for a change. I've come to the realization that I have absolutely no interest in dealing with the shit that rolls down hill anymore. Let it come, I can brush it off, dodge it, ignore it. Doesn't matter to me.

So this morning I did a 10k run, Heart of the Summer 10k. It's an easy run around Lake Nokomis a few times, but being this time of year, it's usually hot and humid. Today was no exception, but the day did start out on a cool note (63 degrees). I decided to go ahead and try to run a fast pace, and I think I was able to get another PR. (waiting for official results). Somewhere around 15 seconds faster then my last 10k. Not too shabby!

I then ran a little more after the 10k, for about another 30 minutes. Then I headed over to pay my Grandparents a visit, since I was only about a mile away from them. (Hi Grandma and Grandpa!!!!!). They have a lap top now, and although my Grandma hasn't touched it yet, my Grandpa has my blog book marked.

So on that note, a few more pictures for them and everyone else. These were taken today.

Just eating lunch:



Mom and Megan:

No comments: