Sunday, December 07, 2008

I Do It

This week was easier than last week despite the fact that it was a full week instead of 3 days. December is always a slow time for software development. One interesting thing did occur this week. It's one of those things that once again, I better not post about. Let's just say, I've officially lost all faith that the business has any clue what it's doing. Long story, but you're going to have to ask me in person.

In other news, Megan's Independence is hitting all new levels. I've always had this feeling she had more "independent" traits than normal kids. Positive things like never going through a separation phase when we left her places. And negative things like not listening to her parents. Either way, I think it's all starting to make sense. Meaning, I'm starting to see her personality emerging as a whole. Doesn't make it any less challenging, but at least I might be able to start focusing on the way her personality influences her actions. And if I'm lucky, maybe start to focus on how to guide her actions based on her personality. Make sense? Good.

Basically the last 2-3 weeks has begun the "I do it!" phase. Megan has to do EVERYTHING her self. And she will let us know. And then she will smack us or run away if we try to help. From putting clothes on, to pouring juice, to putting the toothpaste on her toothbrush. You name it, "I DO IT!". She won't even let me help her with the computer these day!

Yesterday we had a very nice visit with Santa Clause. Megan said she was going to ask Santa for party hats and candy for Christmas. And sure enough when we got there, she asked for party hats (she had party hats for her birthday party back in October). This may sound weird, but we saw Santa Clause at our realators office, Edina Realty. We had also gone there for Halloween to do jumpers and get a free pumpkin. I have to say, our realtors are very nice. After arriving, they gave us a big popcorn tin, a nice fleece blanket, and a stuffed Santa for Megan.

Megan and Santa:


Megan picked out what face painting she wanted. She choose Rudolph.


Not quite sure what to think about her expression, but I'm glad I captured it.


Checking herself out in a mirror after it was all done.

No comments: