Sunday, December 21, 2008

Beyond Cold

Just a few days left until Christmas and we got a crap load of snow and cold weather dropped on us. At least it waited until the weekend. Commute times have been horrible lately, taking as much as an hour or more. So far nothing has topped last years record of a 2 hour commute.

This last week has been full of ups and downs leading up to Christmas. From work, to family, to Megan, to me. I'm glad I ended up taking as much time off as I did, I can use the break. Just 4 working days for me left this year. (2 sets of Monday/Tuesday). This weekend we mostly just stayed inside, although we did get out today to do some shopping and over to my Mom's. I'm blogging from her computer now while everyone else is watching Shrek with Megan.

Christmas Eve we will be heading to the Anderson's in the evening. Seeing everyone will be great. There have been a number of bad things that have happened to pretty much everyone on that side of the family, so hopefully this will be a time to forget all that and just remember the good times. I think back on my life and how, no matter what else, Christmas Eve and Christmas day were always there. Always a time to see family, always a time to enjoy food, company, and for the kids, lots of gifts. I think about the future too and how much I want to hold on to that as long as I can, and perhaps, if needed, begin my own family traditions that Megan gets to grow up with year after year.

Speaking of that, Christmas morning will be just such a tradition. For the last few years we've decided to claim Christmas morning as the one "small" family thing we do. I love to make a big breakfast for everyone, something my Dad used to do from time to time. I can't recall if he did it every single Christmas morning, but it was something he is remembered for today. I like to think about him while I'm cooking for everyone. This year, Andrea's parents will also be making the drive up to spend the morning with us. Long story short, it means our Christmas time driving this year is going to be greatly reduced. Can't complain about that!

Probably won't get to post again until after Christmas, so I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful week. Stay safe and stay warm!!

Merry Christmas!

No comments: