Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Labor... dang

Over already... that was fast. The weekend was weird, but good. Saturday Andrea and the girls went to visit her parents. I stayed home simply because my new computer was slated to arrive on Saturday and someone had to be here to sign for it. I spent all day doing house work (laundry, dishes, grocery shopping) and getting the computer desks ready. This mainly consisted of finding a place for a 19" inch CRT monitor and buying some new screws to reattach a busted keyboard tray that Megan broke off a few months ago.

The computer finally arrived at 4:45pm, and I immediately got a 7.5 mile run in. Got back home at 6pm, showered and started setting things up. I got about 30-45 minutes of "What is this Windows Vista crap?" before everyone got home. Didn't have much time to get anything set up.

Sunday I squeezed in a little more time and got the one game I bought setup - Mass Effect. It's a kick ass game and I'm going to have fun playing through it multiple times (at least twice for sure) in preperation for Mass Effect 2, due out Q1 2010.

Monday I shifted gears and made sure I kept running a priority with a solid 18 mile run. The funny part was that I was passed while running by my friend Steve on his bike. Although we follow each other on our blogs, it was nice to catch up in person. He stayed with me for a few miles, prompting me to run a little harder so he didn't have to go so slow on his bike. Can you tell what part of the run he was with me? :-)



Grandma Gayle took Megan swimming Monday morning and was gracious enough to extend her time with Megan into the afternoon. This gave me a little more time to play on the new computer and I got a few misc applications setup, more system tweaks and learning how crazy Windows Vista is. I'm not gonna bother learning much more about Vista, since I'll be getting the free Windows 7 upgrade when it is released, which I think is as early as late October?

Sorry for the rambling, somewhat tech related post. Just not much else to update on!

2 comments:

Steve Eck said...

I'm like your own personal trainer! It was good to get a chance to talk to you on Monday.

Gayle said...

Vista's not too bad once you get used to it and learn when to ignore it's stupid demands: Are you sure you want to do such and such? It even treats me like an idiot!