Tuesday, September 14, 2010

No Pics For You!

Too many pretty pictures and videos lately, time to get back to the brass tacks of blogging. Last weekend was good, with both ups and downs. Every weekend in Sept is packed, as we try to squeeze as much fun as we can out of the final days of nice weather.

Saturday we did a Who Done It Hike, at a nice wooded park area near our house. It was one of those good in theory, bad in practice events. Don't get me wrong, the free bagels and Cliff bars were great, but the actual hike itself ended up being a bit of a chore. The "mystery" was geared more towards the older crowd (6th grade+). It just involved a ton of paper hand outs to read. I guess I was hoping for some live action stuff, with a few actors or something. We got a baby backpack for Casey and she promptly fell asleep 10 minutes in, but the hike was tough for Megan. She just wants to do her own thing and explore at her own pace. It's hard for me sometimes to shut off my stupid goal oriented brain. At one point Megan got tired, and so with 25 lbs. of Casey strapped to my back, I carried the 50 lbs. of Megan for probably a good quarter mile. That was a bit tough.

We came home and rested and then hit up a local car shop doing a customer appreciation day. We mainly just go because they have bouncers and sometimes free pony rides. This year no ponies, and it was so windy out that we cut it short. I did a short run after that.

Sunday was a 25k race for me. I had no plans on doing a speed race, as I'm all about pace now. I got down early because my schedule called for 20 miles, and 25k is 15.5 miles. While doing my pre-race run, I bumped into someone I knew, and before I realized it, we ended up doing a full second loop around the lake, which I didn't mean to do. Ended up doing 22 miles for the day after all was said and done. But more importantly, my pacing was excellent and I felt great afterwards.



Legs were a little tight on my run tonight, but things start to slow down from here on out. Slow down for what you ask? We'll, I'm sure most people can figure it out by now. If it isn't obvious, check back this weekend for more info.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I love my goal-oriented husband!