Friday, March 14, 2008

One is all you need

The mood around the Anderson house has improved over the last week. We did our best to share the nitty gritty of our situation with our family, to get them to see what it is Andrea and I are going through. Of course, they continued to try and downplay things and give us words of support and encouragement. I wouldn't expect anything less, they are my family after all! More importantly, they listened and really took the time to understand what we are feeling.

That fact alone has helped us this week, the whole divide your sorrows thing going into effect. On top of that, Megan has developed a lot of new babbling talk. She is constantly vocalizing now, something she was doing a smaller percentage of the time before. All day with the noises, and pointing at things, her way of asking questions.

Today I took a half day off today to get Megan in to see the doc. After her cold came right back, I wanted to make sure her ear infection didn't come back as well. Turns out she was just fine, and after that we stopped at Burger King for some fun time in the indoor playground and a strawberry shake.

This week also marked my first outdoor run of the year. Headed out Thursday night with a buddy from work, around the usual lake paths. It was a little wet, but otherwise pretty good. Hopefully the weather holds out and I can start more serious training for the Get in Gear 10k. I have some big goals this year and I haven't started much on them.

Tomorrow we have some more fun things going on, as we are hitting up the Children's Museum in the morning. Grandma Gayle is joining us as well, it should be a great time. I'll try to get some pictures up tomorrow or Sunday of our adventures in learning!

No comments: