Monday, March 31, 2008

The decision is Winter

I don't even know where to begin. 5-8 inches of snow? So much for any chances of decent outdoor training this year, I might as well kiss my 10k time goals goodbye. Suppose I'll shoot for the times I want later in the year...

It's been a long time since I've posted any form of deeper thoughts on my blog. Life has been hitting me from all sides lately, hardly giving me time to catch my breath, let alone organize my thoughts into any form of coherent stream of text. Things have just been so negative lately, I've been unable to think of anything to write. I do not want my blog to be just a place where I go to whine about the problems of my life.

There are also the questions of privacy. Some of the problems going on in my life are just too private to share here, no matter what I might think. Add in the fact I can't talk about detailed aspects of my job and what stresses me out there... what I am left with to talk about? Apparently, just the weather.

My week was so rough last week, that prior to Sunday, the only highlights of the entire week were: 1) A Bud Light commercial where a dog says "Sausages!" and 2) A philosophical question posed to me at work. Sad huh?

Things did pick up on the weekend. We had a fun family swim Saturday morning and went out to dinner Saturday night. Sunday we had Grandma B and Papa B over to visit, and they brought Megan a bunch of presents including her own fish tank! She is loving that. She is also vocalizing "M" sounds in all sorts of new ways today, which is all great stuff.

But what about Shawn? How is he doing? Not sure I know the answer to that right now. One of the hardest parts about internalizing everything in life, is that sometimes it just gets to be too much. Those are the times that I get into a funk that won't shake for a long period of time. What's funny, is this funk comes 6 months from my last one(October), which was 6 months after another one (April)... Is there something about October and April that mess with my head!?!?

4 comments:

spock74 said...

Dude, it's Daylight Savings Time! I'm being totally serious. I'd bet you have a bit of Seasonal Affective Disorder. It's actually really treatable without any meds at all.

Shawn said...

The funny part is, I did actually google that up because I know you've mentioned it in the past. Maybe I do? Who knows... maybe its just coincidence.

Anonymous said...

I don't usually laugh out loud at 6:22 a.m., but after watching the sausages commerical, I couldn't help myself. Mind your own business, chump! Great commerical.
G

spock74 said...

They have these crazy new inventions called doctors. Most of them actually know what they're talking about. Freaky.