Monday, October 13, 2008

3 Come and Gone

It's weird how little time I spend on the computer now. Okay, let me clarify and define "now" as the last week or so. Basically I can't be on the computer when Megan is up, because it just leads to a fight between her and I about the fact that I don't want her on the computer, or she can't watch Panda (of the Kung Fu variety), Turtles (TMNT), or Mermaid (Little Mermaid). Point being, it's tough to find time to blog. It happens in between naps or after she has gone to sleep but I somehow manage to not have fallen asleep with her (like now for example).

Megan turned 3 on Thursday of last week, and we had a small birthday party on Saturday afternoon. The highlight of the week was when she went from saying "Happy day" to "Happy birthday!" to "Happy Birthday Megan!" It was a very exciting time for us. Her birthday party was great, and she was excited to see everyone and get all the presents. Thank you everyone for all the wonderful gifts!!









Tonight we had pre-school "conferences". They were... interesting I guess. It's hard to put into words, but it felt like the teachers were way too nice and just trying too hard not to offend. I think the best way to describe it is that Andrea and I are not on the same page with the ECFE folks regarding where Megan is at and where we think Megan can, could, and will be at in the coming months. In other words, it just made it clear to me what Andrea has known for quite awhile - we are Megan's best bet, her best teachers, and her best chance at being fully caught up in the next year (which we both feel is a totally possible goal).

In other news, I'm back into my normal running routine with no pains or residual effects of my recent injury, so I've been happy about that. Now I have to decide how I'm going to get through this winter: Indoor or Outdoor? Weight training or no weight training? It's tough to give up the time running, so at this point if I can't decide anything soon I'll probably just default to standard indoor running all winter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Megan! That is exciting to hear that she can say that. Luke always says "Happy Birthday Cake" which certainly tells you what is important to him in the whole birthday celebration. Can you explain one thing - what is ECFE?

Shawn said...

Early Childhood Family Education

More specifically, they are the education professionals that have been involved with Megan's early screening for language delay and subsequent services provided by the school district (196). The weekly at home visits that started earlier this year up to the preschool Megan is attending now.