Saturday, October 25, 2008

Poor Me, No Blogs

I meant to get another post up this week, so I didn't end up posting about running twice in a row. Sadly, the week just got away from me and I couldn't find the time. Where did my time go?

Sunday I saw Max Payne with my bro, which was enjoyable. Not a super awesome movie, but fun, and it made me want to install the games again (which I did). I actually had to make a choice tonight between blogging and playing Max Payne, and I decided to go with blogging. It's midnight, so maybe I can still squeeze in some video games too.

The rest of the week was filled in with the usual. Running on Monday and Tuesday night. Wed night I exchanged some jeans I bought on Sunday for a different size. Thursday night I had roleplaying. And then Friday we did something fun as a family, and went to the Rainforest Cafe in the MOA.

That pretty much brings us up to date with today, where this morning I ran quite the half marathon. The odds were slightly stacked against me, considering I have a bad cold. But 1:36:38 later, I ran the race exactly as I wanted, at a whopping 7:14 average pace. I can honestly say it was my strongest run of the year, and I was ecstatic about my time. The best part? No pain, no injuries, nada! I could run again tomorrow if I wanted to (which I don't!).

So there it is. Personal record #6 for the year. Did I mention I finished 56th out of 1018 people? I'm still trying to wrap my head around that one.

To finish up the weekend, we had a wedding tonight. My long time high school friend & running buddy finally tied the knot. Grandma Gayle watched Megan overnight and we enjoyed a solo evening. The service was just wonderful, at a church in Burnsville, and the reception was at the MN Zoo! Talk about convenience... It made for a great night just bouncing around from place to place so quickly.

And now... off to play some Max Payne.

No comments: