Sunday, October 05, 2008

Blog in 20

Can I get a blog post up in under 20 minutes? Ready... GO!

So this week flew by, as did the weekend despite the fact that we didn't have anything planned at all. The biggest news for me was a semi painful running injury I got on Saturday. I finally pushed myself too hard, and have just put in too many miles over the past month and it caught up to me. It's only a muscle injury so nothing serious, and I should be back out there after a few days rest.

Rented Iron Man over the weekend and watched it in two parts over on my TV at Mom's house (I've seen it, Andrea hadn't). Saturday night was a spaghetti dinner to help prep John for his marathon run this morning. Felt bad for all the rain, but I bet the marathoners didn't mind. Grats to all that ran this year.

In other news, Megan's sleeping habits are going from not so good, to bad, to worse. Not quite sure what the deal is or how to steer her back on course. I suppose I haven't mentioned much about this area at all... To get people back up to speed, here is a quick run down.

Megan is back to having a hard time falling asleep on her own. She has also taken to coming up to sleep in our bed most nights, somewhere between midnight and 4am. Some nights it's no big deal, she climbs in and goes to sleep. I understand it's a phase most kids go through, I did, Andrea did, all other parents I talk to mention similar stories. So no big deal right?

The problem is it's starting to get worse at bed time, Megan demanding things or crying if she doesn't get her way. My guess is I just need to put my foot down and be more firm and consistent (isn't that always the case?). I'm too much of a push over / cave in-er. Well damnit, not anymore!!

And... blog done. 11 minutes. Not bad!

1 comment:

spock74 said...

Meh. Sleeping is overrated, right? I suppose I'm jealous she can still crawl into bed with mom & dad. I'm pretty sure that would be inappropriate for me to do, right?