Sunday, January 04, 2009

New Blarg Year

I made the mistake of reading the newspaper this morning. If there was anymore doom and gloom in there, you'd think I wrote some of the articles. From layoffs to bad economies and all the rest. What a way to ring in the new year!

Andrea and I were slated to do a dinner at the Palomino downtown on New Years Eve, but due to some unforeseen circumstances, were unable to go. Those same circumstances prevented my Mom from even being able to attend Christmas day with her family, but she is on the way to recovery now so that is good news.

Instead, I entered 2009 with a nasty cold. Seriously. 5 days of vacation, and I'm sick for more then half of it. I wasn't sick all year, and now this? Screw you karma, what the F#@* did I do to deserve that? I ended the year with 17 hours of unused sick time, that's how not-sick I was this year. Blarg.

There has got to be something positive to talk about, but it's hard to come up with anything the Sunday before going back to work, and the start of remainder of the winter grind. Those first months of the year are the longest, with no sunlight, crappy driving, and no days off until Easter.

Oh hey, wait. I just remembered the positive thing I was supposed to post about. Thankfully, the memory of it just erased all the above negativity. Sweet how that works.

WE ARE HAVING ANOTHER GIRL!!! (90% rule applies).

I'll be straight up honest and say I'm excited to have another girl. From already having all girl stuff to the pure fact that hey, I've done all my learning so far as a parent with a girl, so maybe a small percentage of it will apply the second time around. We haven't talked names yet, and I'm not sure if we will go straight back to the final "cut" list before, or if we will start fresh. I know personally, I will want to go back through and make a few new lists, but I already know that a some of my favorites from before are still going to be back.

So that's all for now, here's to making it through 2009 with positive results. Positive attitudes... maybe?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on girl #2! That's exciting! I was sick over my vacation too - so I feel your pain. Sorry I didn't call while we were in town. We were only there for about 4 days and I was sick half that time. Maybe next time we can get together.