Thursday, June 25, 2009

First Week Back

Casey turns 1 month old today as I wrap up my first week back at work. Things at work are relatively the exact same as when I left, the only difference is I'm "out of the loop" on most things. It's nice in a way, less stressful for the time being. I'm sure eventually when REAL work actually needs to get done, I'll find myself right back in the thick of it.

On the home front, things appear to be going okay. I say appear, only because honestly Andrea and I haven't had a lot of time to talk about how things are going. As I suspected, most of my time once I get home is spent helping out with "survival mode" things (see previous post). We have a few things planned for this weekend that should help, including a 2 hour alone time on Saturday afternoon.

Last night I actually had the honor of putting BOTH kids to bed. That was the first time I had done that. It wasn't exactly perfect, but I got the job done. I.e. at the end of the night everyone was sleeping. Although the new routine for Megan is very important, I was just happy everyone got to sleep.

On the running front, I've managed to do early morning runs (5:45am) that include running and showering at work. So far so good, although I did forget my belt on Wed. That was sorta funny, no one really noticed. But I had to walk around all day holding my pants up basically. Running early is actually better considering how hot it has been this week, so I can't really complain.

Finally, here are a few pictures from Father's Day that I had wanted to get up. Andrea, Megan, and Casey made me this wonderful Father's Day T-shirt. (not to mention multiple cards I received!) I think Father's Day was better than my birthday. Somehow, I have a feeling that is a trend that might continue through the years.



1 comment:

Sarah said...

few dad's I know would refer to having to put both their kids to bed as an honor - way to go!