Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Time Flies and Crawls

The last week has been both fast and slow at the same time. I thought I'd have more time to blog, but the combination of everything has kept me pretty dang busy. Megan and I try do some activities every day - it's definitely harder when it's raining out! Megan is also going to a summer camp this week and next, 9am-12noon Mon/Wed/Fri. Really it's just a fancy name for daycare, and I'm using the time to get some runs in which is great. I had a minor injury on Monday, but it was healed up by today and I was out again.

Casey is doing great... Again, I have to stress how nice things seem this time around. I feel like I'm doing so little - spending most of my time with Megan (or with myself on my runs). Meantime, Andrea is handling 90% of the care for Casey. The breastfeeding is going way better this time around. Well, better from the stand point, that Casey breastfeeds very well, but it's also a little tougher for Andrea because she is having to feed every 2-3 hours, or every hour during "cluster" feedings.

I think Andrea is a little jealous of all my Megan time / events, and hopefully we can find some way to schedule a date night for just the two of us before I head back to work. In the meantime, I'm going to just enjoy this time I have with Megan and try to do as much for Andrea as I can so she doesn't feel overwhelmed either. Tomorrow, Megan and I are going to head to Edinborough Park, which Megan has not visited since over a year ago. She is much bigger now and I will probably let her climb around totally on her own this year and see how she does.

Oh, and for total randomness, I've uploaded the following video from a recent Andrea and Megan duet. Wait for the ending... and watch the expression on Megan's face.

No comments: