Thursday, July 02, 2009

Running Update

You may have noticed the return of my running log side bar. Recently I learned that the web site that hosts free exersize logs, Buckeyeoutdoors.com now has a new feature. It plugs directly into the software I already use to track my running with my watch. With a button click, I can upload my runs from my watch. Slick.

Before going back to work, I had 2 weeks of long runs thanks to the summer camp/morning day care we sent Megan to. Now that I'm going back to work, things have been tougher. My evening runs until 6pm are not that feasible right now, because I am needed at home after work. So I've been running at very odd times, 5:45am, 6am, 10:45pm, etc. Basically when everyone else is sleeping.

This morning I finally managed to wake up extra early (5am) so that I could get ready and get a 9.4 mile run in before 7am. Running 9 miles before 7am is not that easy. As soon as I started out, it's like my entire body laughed at me, saying "Heh, funny joke." Once it realized it was no joke, it basically starts to plead and beg for me to stop. Go lay down, sit down, do anything but this. You're tired, not fully hydrated, and you're muscles have so little blood flow that every step makes you feel stiff and sore. Eventually, somewhere around mile 3 things finally started to loosen up. The cool weather helped things too.

Looking forward to my run tomorrow. 6am, should be 60 and sunny!

No comments: