Thursday, July 01, 2010

Guilty Pleasures

My latest musical guilty pleasures are on somewhat different ends of the spectrum. Okay, maybe the are both catchy pop songs that would drive my brother crazy, but the artists themselves are pretty different.

First up is the new song by the oh so yummy Katy Perry, California Gurls. I liked some of her other music, and this song made me bounce around in my car. But damn, the video took it too a whole new level. And to think she was raised by Christian pastor parents. I'm sure they are proud.

It doesn't hurt that she is also basically a Zooey Deschanel look alike, who I also think is muchas hot. I liked the parody of this song that Andrea found called Minnesota Gurls. That's some good stuff, and not bad with half a million views. Grain Belt represent!

On the other side of the pop coin, is a new song called Bulletproof by someone I had never heard of named La Roux, which is just French for "The Red". I ended up watching a few interviews of Elly Jackson, and she is cool if a bit eccentric. That's prolly why I like her attidude, I mean, I'm eccentric too right? What the difference between eccentric and crazy?

Leading into another 3 day weekend that looks to be semi-busy. I'm looking forward to Avatar: The Last Airbender. Should be a good time. I also have a half marathon race at the ass crack of 6:30am on Sunday morning. I'm going to run with a pace team for the first time ever, which means I have to get there at least 30 minutes early. If I want to do a warmup, I might have to get up before 5am. Did I mention after the race I'll be doing a little more running? Why do all this? Because I'm "eccentric"... or crazy. Yeah, mostly crazy.

No comments: