Thursday, July 08, 2010

Working Too Much

Short work week but still felt longer. I think it's these long summer days, combined with all the recent time off. Makes you just want to take more and more time off... Instead, I find myself doing just a little bit more work then I should. Getting to work at 6am and sticking around past what would be a normal day. And then finding myself logging in at night after girls are in bed doing a little more. Not really sure why I insist on doing this.

Mostly it just has to do with the basic fact that once I start something, I have to see it through to completion. Or I'm constantly thinking about it until I can get back to it. Adding to the problem, is that I have no other distractions right now in the post-evening hours. Few weeks ago I was playing Tales of Vesperia on an XBOX 360 I loaned from my brother. It was a fun game and I poured 60+ hours into it in probably a 2 week period. Not bad at all...

Right now I'm waiting for StarCraft II to be released, it's due out on July 27th, but 3 weeks is actually a long time without another side project. My running sorta counts, but it's so ingrained to my normal routine that it's hard to call it a hobby anymore. Just wrapped up a 6-day in a row series, something I've probably never done.

Anyway, where was I going with this? No clue... I guess I just need to find some more hobbies, which really translates to getting back into gaming. I've got my eye on purchasing "the new XBOX 360", once it is available in the $199 dollar version. Maybe it already is? Hmmm... time to go browsing.

Update from Microsoft: "We will offer a $199 Xbox 360 this fall. We have no other details to share at this time."
Bleh, "fall" is pretty far off, not to mention, not very exact. Thanks for nothing Microsoft!

2 comments:

Steve Eck said...

The $199 version is likely to be the updated replacement for the Arcade system. That model (at least today) has no hard drive.

I thought you got rid of the TV, do you use your computer monitor for the XBox?

Shawn said...

My brother has obtained a free HD for me, and I yes I ran it HDMI into my monitor, then audio out through my puter speakers. Worked pretty well.