Sunday, August 01, 2010

Surprise

As I was preparing for my run yesterday morning, Megan told me she had a surprise for me when I got back. As soon as I returned, she immediately jumped up and told me she could tell me the surprise now. She had me lean in close, and whispered to me, "We can go to the Zoo today!" I looked at Andrea with a 'Did you set this up?' look on my face, and she said not at all. Well, I wasn't about to disappoint, so we got ready and headed out to the Zoo!

It started out okay, with some cloud cover and decent temps. But the sun came out and it quickly got much to hot for my taste. We enjoyed a lot of time at the new playground area, which was brand new for Casey. And then we went inside and checked out the new baby dolphin who is only 2 weeks old.

Megan is quite the climber these days. She loves those indoor climbing walls whenever we come across one. Another year or two and I think I might introduce her to belaying.


Casey enjoyed the bouncy fishes and climbing inside the turtles. She went on a few slides and found some friends to walk around with. She got a little scared when we went into the dark cave that has a big bear inside, but she was okay.


After the Zoo, we hit up a lunch at Chili's, which was okay but a little greasy. I just pigged out on the bottomless chips and then cancelled my actual order. I was still stuffed just from the chips and eating the left overs from the two kids meals we ordered. I was so full I couldn't even eat dinner later that night.

Now the trick is to get through today with out over eating at any paticular meal in order to "make up" for missing a meal yesterday.

No comments: