Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Vacation Imminent

And it couldn't be here too soon! The last mini-vacation that we had was back in May of 2007. My Mom watched Megan for a full 3 days, while we enjoyed time up north. It was also the first time I ever ran a distance 14 miles. Oh, those were the days. This weekend I'll be running a combined total of 34 miles. Knowing me, I'll probably extend it a few miles because the Paul Bunyan Trail is some of the best running conditions ever.

For this weekend, we are going to send the girls over to a good friends. They also have 3 other kids, age range 7-11. This is great for Megan, and we know she is going to have a blast the entire time. Casey will be different story. We are confident she will manage, based on some recent interactions. It might be rough for the first hour or so but our friends kids loved playing with her, and I think they will do a great job of making her forget all about Mom & Dad leaving.

Our actual vacation is at Maddens Resort on Gull lake. I know, you might be thinking, why go there again when we've been there 3 times already? Well, because we've enjoyed it every time and why not do something you know you will enjoy? On top of that, the theme is "Food & Wine Weekend" which sounds awesome. I'll probably just barely break even on calories in/out with my 34 miles running. There is chocolate and wine tasting all weekend, meals by top chefs from around MN, and who knows what else! I'm looking forward to a Home Beer Brewing demonstration! Maybe I'll come back home with a desire to explore a new hobby.

I've even convinced Andrea that we should take some time to see a movie too. Guess what we will be seeing? That's right!! Scott Pilgrim vs. the World! Don't think the weekend could get much better. I'll give the full report when we get back.

No comments: