Saturday, October 02, 2010

What's Next?

Obviously my thoughts this week have been focused on the Marathon tomorrow. But even with that, in the back of my mind is that nagging thought that won't go away. What's next? What goals will I set for myself next on the fitness front? I still don't know exactly what the plan is.

Originally I had this grand scheme of finishing the marathon and then finding a personal trainer to help me learn weight training and just go with that as a 2 year goal. But financially right now it doesn't make sense to be spending money on something like that. I still want to get into lifting, but I'm not sure the best way. Maybe a few hours of Internet research is in order.

Anyway - Marathon - focus Shawn - no distractions. I'm ready for this, and I'm ready to hit my goal. Years of healthy living, discovering running, tons of races and training, all leading up to this. Will I be a one-and-done person? Never to run another Marathon in my life? Not sure... but for now, just need to focus on tomorrow. And then focus on one mile at a time, one step at a time.

Feel free to track me online - yet another way to watch my progress tomorrow. Click the picture/link below and it will take you directly to a map of my progress.


Not that I think anyone reading this is going to come cheer me on, but if you do, here are some spots I expect to be, at various times:

9:04 AM - W. Minnehaha Pkwy and W. 50th Street
9:36 AM - Cedar Ave, south end of Lake Nokomis bridge - Lake Nokomis
10:00 AM - E. Minnehaha Pkwy and Minnehaha Ave
10:56 AM - Summit Ave and S. Cleveland Ave - HOME STRETCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11:28 AM - Summit Ave and Cathedral of St. Paul - FINISH DOWN HILL!!!!!

2 comments:

brent said...

you are ready. nail this thing, run it as though it could be the last marathon you ever run.

dang its gonna be cold at the start!

Mom said...

I had so much fun coming down to cheer you on. Very proud of you!