Monday, June 13, 2005

Notepad vs Blogger.com

My original plan was to write and maintain my entire blog on my own, without using any (free) websites like blogger.com, blog.com etc. Why? Who knows. Maybe it's because I'm old school and doing everything in Notepad is COOL.

My friend Steve was quick to point out that it was cool in a retro "1998" sort of way. (technically speaking, I was making web pages in notepad in 1994). He explained to me how you could use blogger.com as a pure publishing tool but still host the blog somewhere else. So I decided to check into it... and ya, okay its easier, and still totally customizable. It took me like 10 minutes to throw together what took an hour before. Thanks Steve, I'm offically converted!

Speaking of 1994, I've decided to put up some web pages from my original college web site, as homage to my old school-ness. Damn thats some funny stuff. I can't decide whats more pathetic, my first ever web pages or the fact that I still have them.

2 comments:

Steve Eck said...

Well, I'm all about doing things the easiest way. :)

Plus, now you can get comments.

Unknown said...

Haha... I did my first web pages in 1994 also and they are still up at www.akers.com. I used vi though (grin).

Also I see from your old page you were born just about the time I graduated from high school. Ouch!

Phad/Phil