Saturday, September 15, 2007

Something New

Woke up to a 62 degree house this morning. Just a bit more cold then I can handle. I actually had to turn the heat on for a few minutes to warm things up. I suppose that means it is officially fall. It's supposed to warm up later in the afternoon, so my plan is to get a run in around noon. It will probably still be pretty cold, but it beats running indoors.

I have almost zero other plans this weekend. Maybe I should like, I dunno, work on my social life or something. Or instead, I could just get a hair cut this morning. That sounds like a good plan. Tomorrow, if the temp is good enough, maybe that last bike ride of the year.

Megan is on my lap now, watching me blog (and playing with remote controls). She is getting cuter every day. Her affection levels are through the roof sometimes. She gives such big hugs and kisses when I get home from work these days. There are honestly some days I skip my work out just to be home sooner and get those from her.



Andrea had a conversation with someone recently who had a child with the same eye problems as Megan. They waiting until their kid was 4 and finally got the surgery. After that, they had perfect vision, all wandering eye problems gone. The person said they wished they had just did the surgery right away instead of dealing with years of difficult patch. It made Andrea rethink about it some more...

Anyway, the whole point of this post was to share something new the Megan just learned how to do LAST NIGHT! Yes, for the first time in awhile, Megan learned a totally new skill last night, pretty much all by herself. She learned how to pedal! Enjoy this video clip of her mad skills.

3 comments:

spock74 said...

Pshaw, 62 degrees. That would feel like a tropical jungle compared to this igloo. Tricycle!Megan is too cute, though.

brent said...

backwards and forwards, very nice!

it has been cold in my place too (60's) and i'm not sure how the heat works yet here, hehe.

Anonymous said...

It was cooler here last week - like in the 70s, but its in the upper 80s this week! The forcast is for 88 four days in a row! UGH! That's almost too hot for Sept. Very cute video! How old is Megan? I'm thinking she will be 2 soon - that's really good she can already pedal. Melanie was more than 2.5 when she finally figured it out - we didn't have a place inside to work on it though. Have fun with that kind of mobility!! :)