Friday, February 22, 2008

Pretty Standard Stuff

Long but short week. For a long time I was dodging the sickness bullet. Everyone I worked with was out sick. The two guys in both cubes next to me were out sick days last week, another guy I work and eat lunch with was out sick before that. Megan was sick... FINALLY, it hit me this week. I decided to go ahead and take Friday off.

Turns out Megan also had an ear infection. Not that big of a surprise. She had been pulling at her ear for a while, so we got her in and sure enough. Got some antibiotics, hopefully it should clear up soon.

Speaking of Megan, things are still progressing well. Our attempts at sign language are going well. Megan picks up new signs almost every day. She isn't 100% using them on her own (meaning self initiated), but she can do almost all her signs in response to the name of the object they represent. From a word perspective, there have been a couple of developments. Apple was a big one, we were excited to hear that.

The rest of the week was just dealing with this stupid cold. I got two runs in tues/wed... I'm undecided if I'm going to try and run tomorrow morning. Speaking of running, I also caught a movie about Marathons Thursday night. I think the most interesting part was the myth of the marathon being based on someone who ran the distance and then collapsed over dead. Irony? Did it make me want to run a marathon any more? Maybe a little... but not a whole lot more then my current thoughts about it. (i.e. maybe SOME day...)

The worst part of the week was the drive to the movie. On the way over to my Mom's, a cop was camped out nabbing people for "not fully stopping" at a very common stop sign. Apparently the residents of the area had complained of people not stopping there... He gave me a ticket for it, which is lame. But I suppose it could have been worse. My drivers license wasn't up to date, and that's another $100 fine. He didn't hit me with that one.

Anyway, off to bed. Need to be rested for tomorrow’s day of fun!

1 comment:

Steve Eck said...

You should have been riding a bike through that stop sign, then you might have avoided the ticket. :)