Monday, April 21, 2008

Good news, honest

This weekend was great, not the long weekend I needed, but great just the same. I've designated May to be my "4-day work week" month. I've lined up some vacation days so every single week in May is only 4 days long. (with two 4-day weekends as well) All I need to do is get through the next 2 weeks!

Saturday was mostly just Megan and I doing our thing, from reading to playing to lunch and everything else. I wanted to give Andrea some time to herself because I had a large amount of plans on Sunday. It worked out great, and we both enjoyed our time.

Papa B and Grandma B came up Sunday, but I was off doing my thing, so I didn't visit with anyone. I ended up doing a 10 mile run with my running buddy. He suffered a minor set back during the run, hopefully it won't come back to haunt him during the Get in Gear this weekend. The weather started out a little over cast and cold, but by midway into our run the sun was coming out and things were warming up nicely.

After that I headed over to Eden Prairie to catch lunch and a movie with a coworker and friend. That wouldn't have been so bad, if it wasn't for the fact that I also play World of Warcraft with these two guys. Going to lunch with the people you play WoW with shortly after quitting... is like going out with your drinking buddies the day after becoming sober. Time will tell...

Anyway, on to the ACTUAL good news that just came in this afternoon. Megan's hand has healed so well, she is going without bandages! This is great news and we are both so relieved to know there most likely won't even be any long term visible scaring. It still in the healing process so we have to be careful with her outside (sand, debris, sun exposure, etc). But she is using it normally with no ill effects. If you are curious (and brave?) you can see the close up shot of her hand below.

2 comments:

brent said...

OUCH. it does look like its gonna heal up nicely though.

Anonymous said...

You know, it's funny to see her little hand still like that.