Saturday, April 26, 2008

Giving everything

The cold was something else this morning. I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry at the whole situation. What was I doing? Running outside on a day like that? I had no hat, no gloves. My finger tips were ice cold. Yet sure enough, run is what I did. And I can honestly say, for the first time, as my 3rd attempt at this race, I gave everything I had.


I ended with an offical time of 45:32, almost a full minute faster then my goal for the year. I was very happy with that time and will be in no rush to attempt to beat it. I was just spent at the end of this race, honestly out of any energy left.

So what does a crazy below freezing temperature run need at the end of it? You guessed it, ICE CREAM!



It may look nice out in that picture, but trust me, it was freezing. And you know what? We ate the damn ice cream anyway. Why? Because sometimes in the face of crazy sub zero temp runs, you just have to be crazy too.

I'm glad I did it, I wish the weather was better, and maybe, just MAYBE, I would have had a slightly better time. I'm already signed up for another 10k this year and in 2 weeks is the silly "Twin Cities 1-miler". I only signed up for that to get an extra shot at a random ticket into the 10-miler. Don't ask... it's complicated.

In other news, Megan's hand is healing up just fine. She has no problems with it at all, and is using it totally normal. We've resumed normal bath times and stuff, and so soon it will just be a fading memory.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job Shawn!
I have a feeling the whole burning the hand thing will never be a fading memory - it will be for Megan but it will stick for you guys, especially Andrea.
PS It is cool here too - definitely need a light sweatshirt on when outside. ;)