Thursday, April 24, 2008

Lame, lame, LAME!

This weekend is shaping up to be worse weather than the very first Get in Gear that I ran. I'm not looking forward to it, but I'm still gonna do it. The fact that the weather is not going to cooperate just means I'm going to go ahead and sign up for another 10k asap.

Runners often talk about a new PR. That stands for "Personal Record". Most runners use "offical" events to set their PRs, and I'm no exception. Every single race I've done has had some form of PR attached to it. I've got all sorts of goals for PRs this year. For the 10k, I had (have?) a goal of 46:30, which is a pace of 7:30. The thing is, I've already hit that on a practice run this year.



So is the race PR really that big of a deal? I dunno... It is and it isn't I guess. If the weather is lame, then I'm not going to be all upset if I can't hit my goal. Then again, maybe if it's cold I'll just end up running fast to get it over with!

In other news, quitting World of Warcraft hasn't been all that hard. Not only has the game itself got stale, but they are making changes soon that will make it even harder for the casual gamers to have fun. Okay, I get the hint! No need to kick me on the way out...

Problem is, I need something new to fill those few hours in the evening I have to myself, or I tend to get bored. Last night I fell asleep at 7:30pm. That was crazy weird. I woke up to Megan crying at 11pm. She was cold after having climbed into her crib. (a new habit we have got to break) After that I wasn't able to get back to sleep until 1:30am. Don't want that to be happening again.

Well, wish me luck this weekend and hope for good weather!

1 comment:

Adam said...

Good luck on the race! I have my fingers crossed for the weather too, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Glad to hear other things are looking better, and good to see no permanent damage to Megan's hand! Scary!!

Well, maybe something you hadn't thought of, but you could study law. It's a great waste of time. Wait...

Anyway, I'll keep lurking around. Give me a shout sometime.