Sunday, September 28, 2008

Good with Bad

Megan is currently sleeping on the couch next to me, recovering from a rough night and an even rougher visit with the doctor this morning. Somehow, she developed a bad ear infection over night, just like that! No cold symptoms, no coughing, or other signs. Just straight up, BAM ear infection. She fell asleep early last night, around 6:30 and we thought it was just because of a skipped nap. Little did we know...

That's the bad. The good news is that prior to the onset of this ear infection, yesterday Megan and I went on a crazy adventure to the Renaissance Festival! It was a last minute split decision, and I figured if it didn't go well, who cared. End result? Megan had a great time, and it went about as good as I could hope for. (i.e. she didn't break any $100 hand made glass statues).

As we first entered the "castle", we were greated by a fairy. She gave Megan a magical stone which I promptly put away for later.



From there we walked around for a bit, visited a petting zoo, and then Megan got to not only see a live elephant for the first time, but ride it as well! View from an elephant:



And:



Then we stopped for lunch, Megan LOVED the corn dog. We also had a rice crispy dessert and a blue slushy on the way out.



Then we did some more shopping. Megan got a pet dragon (not shown) which she named "Shrek". And this pretty crown:



Finally we visited the "Children's Realm" which was... not all that, but Megan did get to make her own magic wand.





We walked around for just a little bit more, and even though Megan was in a good mood (mostly riding on my shoulders), I could tell she was about ready to go.



So we grabbed the aformentioned blue slushy and headed out to the car. The morning fun must have been enough for my sleeping beauty. (or the ear infection was kicking in, one or the other).

6 comments:

spock74 said...

All hail the nerd in training! She may as well embrace her inner!geek now. It will save her years of deluding herself that she's one of the cool kids later. Geeks rule!!

Anonymous said...

I hate to break it to everyone out there but Megan's not going to be a nerd as much as Shawn tries to inculcate her. She's me through and through and I was somewhere in the middle of the popularity game in school. Pretty "enough" to be in the middle yet not socially savvy to know what I was really doing. She's my doppelganger.

spock74 said...

Aww, come on, Andi. She'll be a little nerdy, right? Just a little?

Shawn said...

Not my doppelganger!

Fast forward to 3:45

:-)

Anonymous said...

Nerdiness is all relative. Some people I know that consider themselves nerds I would have never used that term to describe them.

Anonymous said...

HUZAH!