Sunday, November 30, 2008

M.I.A.

Nothing like the holidays to pull me away from any time to blog. Even now Megan is pulling at my arm and pissed that I want a few minutes to myself. I swear, last week was the longest short week I've ever had. It was like the 3 day work week that would never end. Thankfully it finally did, and I've been able to forget about work for a few days.

Thanksgiving was uneventful this year as we did our standard day of driving. First to New Ulm to Andrea's parents house for an early meal followed up with a drive back to my Mom's house for an evening meal. I decided this year to give up pie and for the most part succeeded, although I did sneak a few bites at my Mom's house because one of my aunts had made a bunch of home made pies. Normally we just have an army of Baker's Square pies.

Last night I took two of my friends out for a birthday dinner. They both have birthdays this week. It was a great visit, like it usually is. It's simply amazing how much can change in a single year (the last time we were all together). Combined, we all had some pretty major life events this year. Here's to hoping we can find more time to get together in 2009.

So speaking of change and 2009, I'm at that point where I'm thinking about the new year and things I want to change/do better/improve. Not sure where I'll end up, but I have a few ideas cooking. Some honestly too private to share, others that I'll probably post about. One way or another, I have this premonition that 2009 is going to be a very pivotal year (and not just for me).

The big news for me and 2009 is that Andrea and I are expecting our second child, due to arrive around May. I know it's kind of odd to just mention this for the first time at the end here, as opposed to an entire post devoted to the news. I'm sure those will come eventually! The important part: everyone is healthy and Andrea is doing great. She seems to be through the rougher morning sickness parts and she heard the baby's heartbeat earlier this month.

That's all for now, but expect more news in the coming weeks and of course, my yearly rambling about goals or, dare I say, my new years resolutions.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see the updates on the bun in the oven! Glad everyone's doing well.

Adam said...

Congrats! That's really exciting news! Our first is expected in May as well :-) Hope everything continues to go well for you all!

Steve Eck said...

Congratulations, that is exciting!

Anonymous said...

Happy news! Congratulations!!! :)

spock74 said...

Awesome news! Go Andi!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! I am just getting around to reading this as my main box has a cold and to be reinstalled sigh.

Phil/Phad