Saturday, February 14, 2009

V-day? D-day?

Just under the wire! So this week, I got sick again. I had maybe 3 days of feeling good and it hit me hard again. I think I was starting to get it over the New Ulm weekend, and then BAM. I don't know what I did to deserve this. Do I need to be more paranoid about germs at work? Do I need to carry a little bottle of hand sanitizer around with me?

Thursday this week, we had a "release party" for work. That is where they do something special for everyone that put in all the hard work to "release" the new version of software. It was a bowling party, at the exact same place we had one last year. Lack of creativity anyone? But hey, 2 hours bowling beats 2 hours at work right?

We were supposed to bowl one game normally, and then one game using the "Fun Rules". The rules were things like, bowl with your other hand. Bowl between your legs. Bowl sitting down. Spin twice during your approach. Step 7 times during your approach. Etc etc. This was all fine, but not something I wanted to do. I actually enjoy attempting to bowl.

So here is what I did. The lane next to us was completely empty because the entire team didn't show up. So I bowled "fun" frames in that lane, doing the silly crap they wanted us to do. And then bowled normally in my own lane. I did better my second game with a double strike and a bunch of spares. After it was over, I left right away.

Turns out while I was gone, I got a prize for "Highest Score in the Fun game." Which was based off my score from bowling normally... Who said cheaters never win?

No comments: