Monday, March 30, 2009

Pictures from Wi Dells

Considering we didn't really do much this weekend, Sunday ended up having enough distractions that I didn't get a chance to go through pictures. Finally got around to it this evening.

Since our weekend was mostly about Grandma and Megan, figured I'd start with a post of the two of them.



Megan checking out the cow with 6 legs. This was at Ripley's Believe it Or Not attraction. I've been at one before so I sort of knew what I was getting into.



Another picture from Ripley's.



After Ripley's we went to this very cheesy... I don't even know what to call it. It wasn't a fun house, it wasn't a scary house... Just a weird collection of things with a very weird tour guide. My brother and I tried to make the best of it.



The third day, Megan and I spent a lot of time at the dry park. (sadly, no pictures of the pool areas turned out due to humidity). We had a great time climbing around and going down all the slides.



More climbing action.



Enjoying a cold drink after an morning of climbing.



Random shots while walking around the hotel. We bumped into the hotel mascot.



And a nice fireplace... random, yes. Good picture, yes.



Last night at the hotel, Megan reading a book with Grandma.



The interesting aspect of this last picture is what happened yesterday. Megan is skilled enough to know how to turn on my digital camera and look through pictures on it (when in view mode) or take pictures with it (when in camera mode). Yesterday, she scrolled through the pictures and saw the above picture. She says, "Grandma and me reading Puff Puff, Toot Toot." It was interesting to me that Megan remembered the exact book she was reading with Grandma a full 5 days earlier from the picture of the event. Or did she recogonize the book and just state what she was seeing? It could be either or... Interesting!

2 comments:

Marcie from RipleyWorld said...

Did you like Ripley's? Hotel looks like the Great Wolf Lodge...nice place!

Sarah said...

She probably recognized the book in the picture. Before Melanie could talk (like around a year old) I would tell her to go get "the butterfly book" or the "animal book" or whatever and she would always bring me the exact book I had told her to get. On another note, I've been to a handfull of Ripley museum's including the one in Wisconsin Dells - they are all interesting/weird - Jason loves them so we tour them wherever we find them. I think I've been to them in 3 different states.