Saturday, July 11, 2009

All About Casey

I realized I've been sort of light on the news/pictures about Casey, so I thought I'd take some time today and get a bunch of stuff just about her up. Some pictures to start, with the grand prize at the bottom.



Let's see, today she is 6 weeks 5 days old. She is getting bigger every day, but once again it is so hard to tell when you see her every day! Some other milestones she has done: rolled over from her stomach to her back, she smiles in response, and visually follows Mom around the room.



As far as her temperament goes, she is not ever SUPER grumpy. She has her moments here and there, or when my brother babysits. :-) But for the most part, she is easy going. She sleeps very well, and over night is only getting up one time. She usually is asleep by 9 or 10, wakes up once at 3am, and then again at 6 or 7am.



Another aspect of Casey, that Andrea might get upset I start blabbing on about, is that she breastfeeds well. We haven't had to use hardly any formula since she has been home (a handful of ready-to-eat bottles). And the ironic thing is, Andrea stocked up on oh, I don't know, 3-4 month supply of free formula samples. She just collected them through various means, and now we haven't touched a single one. Granted the year is early, and we might start using them more past the 6 month mark. But for now, Casey is doing completely well with just Mommy goodness.



The hardest part about Casey, is just that she needs that basic attention as well (of course). And Andrea gets torn trying to divide her time during the day between the girls. At some point, they both demand her attention and something has to give. It's a hard situation. Andrea might get mad I'm posting these thoughts, but there you go. I see Mom's out in public with 3, 4, or even more kids, and I have absolutely no clue how they do it. We have hard enough time as it is trying to keep Megan near us in parking lots or not running away from us in the grocery store. I'll stick to the challenges of my two girls, I have a feeling it will be more than enough.

And finally, a few videos. I've embedded the better one, and there is a link to another one at the bottom.



Casey & Megan

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Don't forget to send me that first pic of the girls together.
Thanks-
Grandma Gayle