Monday, July 06, 2009

Running Update... part 2?

Translation: I don't feel like blabbing on about other stuff going on right now, because it's too private and I refuse to whine about it. If you want to know my thoughts about the difficulties of Casey + Megan, you'll have to ask me in person. I've always believed, even when it was just Megan, that Andrea had the tougher job of the two of us. So what does that mean now? Her job just got twice as hard and mine is still the same stupid day job. Not fair if you ask me.

Instead of another 6am run on Friday, I was able to do a noon run. It felt much better, even if it was a little warmer. I did another 9 miles at a slightly faster pace. I'm not sure how many more races I'll do this year, so far I've signed up for another 10k and a 25k. I'd like to do the TC 10 Miler, but it's by lottery. (that reminds me, I have to go sign up right now!!)

Sunday morning I wanted to do a longer run, I'm gearing up for a long distance goal this year. I'm thinking about trying to do 20 miles at the end of the summer with a friend. I could probably do it right now, but it's hard to find 3 solid hours for something like that.

So I wanted to mix it up for Sunday, so I mapped out a completely new 16 mile route. It was so different, I even had to bring street directions along in my pocket. The first part of my run had me going through an area of expensive lake front homes. Probably in the half mil to 2 mil range. Was interesting going through there. Other then that, the rest of the run was pretty straight forward. I think I'll do a couple more of these this month, and shoot for the 20 miler sometime mid to late August.

No comments: