Saturday, February 13, 2010

8 days between posts!

Epic fail! This week was weird, and I didn't deliver on my promise of pictures from the Apple Valley Midwinter fest. I ended up going to work every other day this week, which sorta made the week fly by. I was working from home on Tuesday because I didn't feel like getting trapped in 3 feet snow drifts in my driveway. Thursday I had the day off so we could get some family pictures taken and so Andrea could get our taxes done and go to Megan's conferences.

Foot update: Still not 100% healed, but definitely better. Random pain throughout the day is very rare, and it usually doesn't hurt unless I really stretch and push/massage the area forcefully. I'm still hopeful for late March.

Anyway, not much else to report this week so here are the pictures and videos from Midwinter fest, as promised. First up, Megan got a cool balloon bracelet.



Everyone at the ice sculpture, and just Megan with a better shot of the finished product.







1 comment:

Sarah said...

curious if you tried the mini golf with Megan? I tried once with Melanie when she was about 4 and it was way too early. It didn't help that we were with a big group of kids. She just wanted to hit the balls in the holes over and over and didn't care about counting strokes, etc. We did it once last summer when she was 5 and it was just the 2 of us and once this fall after she turned 6 with both kids. Other than the fact that she was wearing sandles the first time and hit her foot with the club and started bleeding and it was ungodly hot, she did much better. This fall when we did it Luke was 3.5 and was more like Melanie the first time we tried it. I would recommend waiting until age 5.