Friday, June 11, 2010

Slow Blog Week

There wasn't much going on this week, and I couldn't find the time to blog. Instead, I found the time to use one of the new templates available on blogger. I had been thinking about a new look lately, and I like how this turned out. I didn't like how my header graphic looked, so I just removed it for now. I'll be trying to find some new header image to put up there. It's just way to plain right now.

I was off work today, because I always try to take one off around my birthday, mostly as a present for myself. Tomorrow is my actual birthday, and oddly enough, we have absolutely no plans. Maybe I'll just find a way to pass the day away with video games. I haven't mentioned it before, but I currently have my brothers XBox 360.

Today is also special for a different reason, as it marks the anniversary of my blog. This is going to be my 5th year of blogging, which is quite a long time. I never thought I would have kept it up this long, but here I am! People talk about blogs and blogging as if they are the "fax" of the internet. Meaning completely outdated, serving no purpose, and "Who the hell still blogs?". Me baby, me. Screw you Facebook and Twitter.

We decided to take the girls over to Edinborough Park, which is kind of funny. Because apparently it has been exactly one year since I took Megan last, which was one year before that. So... at least we're consistent?

This evening, we attended a free concert at a local park we go to often. They are doing free concerts every Friday night for the rest of the summer, so we will probably go to a bunch of them since it's just down the road. There was supposed to be food vendors, but a bunch backed out at the last minute because they were afraid of bad weather. But it turned out to be a very nice night for playing in the park while listening to music.

Here are some videos from today. First up, we have Megan and I shooting baskets.



And another video, this one of Casey dancing along to the live band doing the song, "Secret Agent Man". This song will forever make me think of Chuck E Cheese.

2 comments:

Steve Eck said...

Happy birthday and congratulations on the blog anniversary!

Andrea said...

Hey all- Megan's starting to dress herself, can you tell? haha