Monday, May 14, 2007

The Adventure Continues...

As we got back to the hotel on Saturday afternoon, the weather was shaping up to be perfect for a run. In the end, I decided to drive back up to the Gooseberry area so that I could run on the paved portion of the Gitchi-Gami State Trail.

A combination of the great weather, the new location, the awesome scenery... all contributed to one of the best runs I've ever done. From start to finish, I just felt great the entire time. The end result:

Duration: 1 hour 58 mins
Distance: 14.06 miles
Ave pace: 8'26" / mile
Ave heartrate: 164

14 miles is the farthest distance I have ever run. It's amazing what a change of pace can do to help push yourself. Is that level of running something I can do regularly? Heck no... I was pretty damn sore that afternoon, and the next day. It was tough walking up and down stairs! But it was a good sore... by today, my body felt good enough for a 5 mile run.

Turns out there wasn't much adventure left to the remainder of the weekend. Andrea got in a run herself while I was doing mine, and we just rested the rest of the afternoon leading up to an early dinner. We did try swimming around 9pm but once again, the pool was both too cold and too crowded. Not to mention, the jacuzzi in our room was bigger then the whirlpool... in the end we just went back up to the room so Andrea could enjoy another jacuzzi and I watched some Kill Bill on cable. That was actually pretty funny in itself... The way they edited it for TV was HILARIOUS. You know the part where O-Ren gets to top of her head chopped off, and the camera pans up to reveal part of her brain? They actually edited it and extended her head to the top of the screen. The best part was Andrea yelling out, "THEY GAVE HER MORE HEAD!!!"



Sunday morning, the sun woke us up bright and early. We tried our damnedest to sleep in, but only managed to sleep until 7:30am. We stopped off at Betty's Pies to grab an Apple Pie for my Mom for Mothers day, then a quick breakfast and we were on our way home by 9:30am. All in all, it was a nice relaxing weekend. Couldn't have asked for much more.

No comments: