Sunday, September 17, 2006

Weekend Report One

Before we headed up, Andrea asked me what I was looking forward to most this weekend. On the way home today, she asked me what I enjoyed most about the weekend. My answer to both questions was the same: my run. Too bad I've been posting about running too much, so I won't waste more precious blog space on that.

We got to St. Cloud to drop Megan off with my Aunt for the weekend. Aside from a few initial loud dog barks that scared her, Megan was happy as a clam. As we left, my Aunt was taking Megan in her stroller down the road to get a high chair from a neighbor. As we drove by, I'll never forget what happened. She actually looked at us in the car and waved goodbye. It almost made me stop right there and snatch her back up!

But alas, we had a mission and we had to accomplish it. To Brainerd or bust! When we arrived, we were presented with the best room in the house!



Two feet from the front door AND bathroom. Great for if say, the cabin starts on fire or someone where to drink too much the night before... Luckily neither of those happened, despite my best efforts. (to drink, not start the cabin on fire) After getting settled in, we headed down the highway for some Pirate entertainment.



The classic Mini-Golf & Go-Cart combo! It was a lot of fun, despite the fact that I was the only person in my group to NOT get a hole-in-one. At least I never had my ball get in a position like this:



After a round of mini golf, we headed to the go-carts. I started at the back of the pack, but I wasn't worried!



I worked my way up past a few people without causing any accidents, so that was a good thing.



We headed back to the cabin for an awesome dinner on the grill and some good clean drinking. Little did I know that the Pirate mini golf was just a part of the whole "pirate" theme weekend. Arrrrrgh, rum anyone?



There were many drinking games to be played, the new one I learned this weekend was called "Moose". It was a basic Quarters drinking game (which, oddly enough, I've never actually done).



As crazy as the night got, I don't think there were any major injuries except for maybe a few hang overs in the morning. I didn't do much drinking Friday night because I had my run on Saturday morning. Don't worry - I got my fair share of drinking in the next night. From night-dodging sprinkler systems to hopping in a freezing lake. I'm sure someone got a few incriminating photos. Hopefully Steve won't post anything too bad...

More tomorrow if time permits!

No comments: