Thursday, October 20, 2005

4 hour naps rule

Not much new to report on Megan, so I haven't posted much in the last week. Megan is a very easy going baby so far. She has her fussy periods, and sometimes at night she isn't happy unless she is sleeping next to one of us. We bought a Snuggle Nest so that Megan could sleep in our bed with us at night. I had heard that it could end up being a bad thing, because every little sound or snort she makes might wake you up. But for me, it ends up being more of a soothing thing. I know Megan is right there, and it's comforting to me to hear her sounds. We like to call her Squeaker because she is quite the noise maker sometimes!

On Monday this week I got my membership to Lifetime Fitness. I've gone three times so far, just doing 60 minutes on an elliptical machine. Eventually I will add in some other things, but I'm not sure when/how. I need to come up with some type of plan but I'm not sure where to start. I'm actually thinking of buying this starter package available to new members that would include 3 sessions with a personal trainer. It just seems like they focus on things I don't really care about. I mean, I realize flexibility is important, but do I really need to do Yoga to achieve my overall fitness goals? I had a Body Age Assessment done on my second visit. I was told my body is actually that of a 37 year old. Awesome. Okay, so I'm still out of shape, I realize that! But I know that what I am doing is working for me, and for now that's more important.

I wanted to get a picture of Megan awake, so I took the following picture with no flash, in a dark room. I've heavily enhanced the photo so it looks brighter. As you can see, Megan does in fact open her eyes every now and then.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I used to work with a gal who still had her 7 year old son sleeping with her.... She said to have sex, her and her husband had to put the kid to bed and then go into HIS room for privacy...

Get out of that habit now man!