Sunday, November 27, 2005

Regularly Scheduled Blog

Time to get back on topic with more posts about Megan! This morning we had a ceremony for Megan called a Child Dedication. This was performed at the Unitarian Universalist church that Andrea attends. (she also does the web site!) It was a very nice service for such a small church. It was actually my first time being at the church, it had a warm atmosphere. The event was open to any families wanting to do a child dedication, but it was Megan who prompted the event.



This last week has had a few tough days with Megan. We've heard or read multiple times now that a new borns fussy time peaks at 6 weeks, which was just last week for us - so maybe there is a connection. Tomorrow I head back to work for real. I know Andrea will be okay, but I still worry. Why? Because that's what I do, I worry.

I know what we are experiencing is pretty easy still in comparison, and its pretty much what I would have expected going into this. But that doesn't make it any easier when Megan is just crying for long periods of times, and nothing you do seems to help. It invokes all sorts of negative emotions, and just makes for a very hard day. You start to second guess yourself, doubt your parenting skills and all sorts of stupid things. Logically I know that Megan has to be awake sometimes, but it just sucks when that time is filled with crying.

I think I just have to focus on getting through this period and repeat the new parent mantra: "She won't be a baby forever." (Even if it feels like that sometimes) For some reason the idea of Megan crying because she doesn't get her way seems so much easier then her crying for reasons unknown.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did all of the pictures that I took turn our so blurry? Bummer.
Mom

Mike said...

You? At church? Talk about a fish out of water! ;)

Shawn said...

Don't worry Mom, they are blurry because I specifically turned the flash off. Suppose I won't do that from now on.

Anonymous said...

my new parent mantra was "this too shall pass"