Friday, May 19, 2006

Mentally Exhausted

This week sure was long for a 4 day week. Although I took the day off today, I was hard at work. Working on those aspects of my life that I want to improve. Needless to say, it's wearing me out mentally. Because of my inability to stop thinking/worrying/analyzing every little thing in my life, I just get worn down. A bad side effect of this is I tend to "shell-up" and shut the rest of the world out (aka, Andrea). I don't mean to do it on purpose, it's just how I deal with the stress. Well, that and exercising. :-)

I stepped on the scale today and weighed in at a whopping 202.5... To this day, I look back over the past year and have to ask myself "How did I get here?" The receptionist at work stopped me the other day and asked me about my weight loss. As I explained to her what I did to get to this point, she just kept complementing me. She actually used the words "inspired by my story". Wow... my story? Inspired? Yikes... This is supposed to be the blog of the uninspired!!

Andrea is topping off my weekend with a very nice gift - she is taking Megan down to New Ulm to visit her grandparents tomorrow night. This gives me the house all to myself so that we can have an awesome AD&D session. She is so wonderful to give me a treat like that on the weekends when I try so hard to give her some time to relax. Tonight she went out for Mom's Night out and had a few drinks, so hopefully that will help relieve some stress. I even drove her to the place so that she could enjoy herself that much more and just get a ride home.

Well that's all for tonight, I'll post more this weekend and report on AD&D session number 3!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think after we talked on Thursday night we realized what we could do for each other to create balance for both of us in our lives.

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»