Thursday, January 10, 2008

Arch Support FTW

Ran a solid 6 miles tonight on the new shoes. I ended up getting the next ASICS in the line I like, the GT-2130. This pair seems to fit my foot better then the 2120s, a tad wider and not so tight over the top. They were great right off the bat, hardly feels like I have to break them in. Over the last 2 months I was having a lot of soreness in the arch of my foot, and tonight there was none. Lesson learned? When the arch starts to get sore, get new shoes!

I'm not quite sure why I thought things would "slow down" at work. It just feels like they want to suck the marrow from me until I'm dry. It's hard to stay motivated, but at least I enjoy what I'm doing and like the people I work with. Review time is right around the corner, so that is the only thing I'm kinda stressing about. Not so much that I'm worried about my review, but more so that for the first time in awhile, I feel like I deserve a specific review. And if it doesn't happen, I'm going to be very disappointed and most likely be very vocal about it.

Tonight was a pretty mild night, with Megan and I enjoying some time together while Andrea went to her volleyball game. I was able to capture a fun little video of Megan's basketball skills. This is something I had been wanting to buy for her for a long time, but she ended up getting it for Christmas instead. It's definitely one of her favs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That John, he really knows how to pick the right gift. He's so pleased that she likes it-and she's a pro waiting in the wings!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Luke got that same basketball hoop for Christmas too from his Great Grandma!!! :)