Friday, January 25, 2008

Day of Injuries

Today was a bit rough on the Anderson house hold. Megan was first this morning with an injury on the way home from the YMCA. She slipped and fell face first before getting into the car, cutting her upper lip badly and causing a small scratch under her chin. The worst part was the blood. In Andrea's words, "there was blood everywhere."

Speaking of blood... I was next in line. Earlier this week I had pulled out a part of my big toe nail, and thought nothing of it. It didn't hurt too much, and just bled a little bit. No big deal right? So this afternoon I head out for a run, and like 30 minutes into my run I feel this wetness in my sock. I look down, and what do I see?



And even worse....



I decide to cut my run short, and will probably take a small break from running for a few days to give my toe some time to heal. The weird part was that it didn't hurt at all while I was running. The upper part of my toe is a little tender, but that's about it.

Tomorrow Andrea is heading down to visit and spend some time with her Mom to do a project involving lots of pictures. They will also be doing lunch and Andrea is spending the night there, so it will just be me and Megan holding down the fort. I plan on getting some grocery shopping in and visiting with my Mom as well. Other then that, it should be a very mellow weekend.

No comments: