Sunday, January 06, 2008

Bad Start

2008 isn't starting off exactly as I had hoped, but pretty much exactly as I expected. Over stressed, under exercised, sick and lazy!

The long New Years break was great, because although Christmas break was 4 days, it didn't even feel like an actual break. New Years weekend was much more relaxing. My Mom even offered (for the 2nd time) to watch Megan over night on New Years Eve. We totally took her up on it, and managed to get in a dinner/movie date.

The bad started with going back to work. Not that work itself was that bad, but we are STILL at the end of this project cycle causing me undue stress and getting me into situations where I have to work until 5:30pm. This of course cuts into my running time. Now combine that with a really nasty cold I started getting this week, and you have a recipe for disaster. I haven't run this year at all!

Could I run through this cold? Ya, probably. I've done it before. Do I feel like it? Not really. I feel like being lazy and getting better. Sleeping in, resting, and taking lots of drugs. I'll probably call in sick tomorrow and if I'm feeling up to it, get a run in then.

In the meantime, I thought I'd get a picture up of Megan. This one is for you Mom!

3 comments:

brent said...

i haven't run yet this year either-- injured foot has me. i think i will be able to at least elliptical or something this week. it can only get better from here! the warm weather is doubly torturous on an injured runner's soul!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pic. I hope she likes that thing-it looks like it might keep her busy for a minute or two! Maybe I should get one for my house!

spock74 said...

Sick is sick, not much you can do about it. Incidentally, what does a gal have to do to get back on your links list? I've been posting more than you!