Monday, August 18, 2008

Great Escape

Sometimes challenging, sometimes fun, sometimes rough. Overall, great weekend away from home and work. For now, I'll just give some highlights and pictures. I'll try to post a few videos later in the week.

The drives up and down weren't bad at all, with Megan sleeping most of the way both times. Thursday was just relaxing and dinner, nothing too exciting. I was given some T-shirts and a small welcome goodie bag. Megan dug into that right away.



Mom and Megan exploring the rest of the "special room".



Friday morning I woke up and prepped for a new personal distance best. I ran a solid 16 miles, the farthest distance I've run. 2/3rd marathon distance... but still no marathon plans so don't ask! While I was running, Andrea was entertaining Megan at the various "kids" stuff the resort had to offer. We also did a LOT of swimming over the weekend. Megan couldn't get enough.



Saturday morning, Megan and I went on a bike ride together. We were out for about an hour and a half and did 18 miles. I think she enjoyed it, but it's so hard to tell. She is still asking for "more bike" or "bike ride" every now and then, so it must be a positive thing.



Saturday afternoon Megan took a nap, which was a nice break and gave us a little time to just relax and read. Saturday night we got local high school girl to come babysit Megan in the hotel room, so we could do the "formal" dinner without her. The resort makes all the arrangements and you just meet up at the front desk. It went okay, but Megan was crying when we got back to the room. The sitter said she just started crying before we got there, and... knowing Megan I was inclined to believe her.

Biggest highlight of the weekend? Megan has started using 3-word phrases a lot. Things like, "Mommy here now" and "Green car there". Not to mention a slew of new words over the weekend. My favorite was what we decided to call the hotel room. Instead of just calling it "room" or "hotel room", we started calling it the "special room". It stuck, and Megan was so cute when she says it. So next time you see her, make sure to ask her about the "special room".

No comments: