Saturday, August 09, 2008

Just when you thought you were safe

So work is not getting any better, and I'm trying to figure out what I can do about it if anything. Yeah, I did an hour or so of work today, so what of it? Am I lame for doing work on the weekend? Yes. But what else am I going to do? When I can log into my PC at work from home, it's really not that big of a deal. It's not like I have to actually be on-site to do work. Hell, the guy that taught me everything I know worked out of his house in Seattle. Just proof that if you are good enough at writing code, you can pretty much work from anywhere.

AD&D has only met once in the last month, our last session being July 3rd. When I say it out loud, it doesn't seem like that big of a deal. I can't expect much more then once a month to be honest. Not to mention this is the worst time ever for almost every single one of my players. So I'll just be patient and who knows. Maybe come winter time, people will be begging me for something to do.

So anyway, between work stress, family stress, and self induced stress, I'm finding it hard to relax. I can't stop thinking about... (fill in the blank). One night this week I woke up at 3am and couldn't fall asleep until 4am because I started thinking about work. It drove me absolutely nuts. I just wish I had answers for everyone, and the decisions or problems they are facing. What can I say, I like to fix things for other people I guess.

In the meantime, I need to find healthy way to relax I think. Running helps, as does reading (I read a 500 page book in 5 days recently). But soon I will be out of books to read and with nothing new to focus on, might end up having to resort to something. In fact, I think right now I might fire up an old video game...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be careful there big boy... are you sure you want to do that? (grin) How in the heck can you run out of books to read? I tend to read 3 or 4 a week and have not run out in about 38 years. What kind of books do you read? Maybe I can give you suggestions.

Phad/Phil

brent said...

i am a little surprised work has become such a focus, for SHAWN! :) never thought i'd say that :)