Friday, August 29, 2008

9 years come and gone

Yesterday was our 9 year anniversary. Just like the last few years, it's standard procedure for me to mention that. At least this year the blog title is a little more creative than "9 years".

We enjoyed a nice long (and huge) dinner last night, at a place called Rudy's Redeye Grill in Lakeville. Andrea had been there one other time, but I had never been there. I came up with a short list of a few places and Andrea picked this one.

The food was awesome (I had left overs tonight!), but boy did we eat too much. This was coming off last weekends all you can eat buffet night at Mystic Lake. Needless to say, I was 192 on the scale this morning, which is about 10 lbs more than I'd like to be.

I'd really like to stop the whole bouncing up and down and feeling like I have constantly be "working off that last meal". In light of that, and our anniversary, and the new month, I came up with a list of 10 "No" items. For the most part, I'm against "negative" approach to changing eating habits, but I think for now this is what I need. I've become to complacent about my eating habits, and it's time to get back on track. And sometimes just saying it out loud helps. So in no particular order, 10 things to JUST SAY NO!

  1. No snacks at work. That includes Salsa Thursday, snacks on the Snack Master, or free anniversary treats.
  2. No ice cream. This one's gonna be tough, but needed.
  3. No candy from my Mom's house.
  4. No random snacking at my Mom's house. (if you're reading this Mom, help me out here!)
  5. No fried foods when eating out. That includes french fries, breaded chicken, mozzarella sticks, etc.
  6. No "all you can eat free" items when eating out. You know what I'm talking about... chips & salsa at Mexican places, bread sticks at Olive Garden, cheddar bay biscuits at Red Lobster...
  7. No eating Megan's left overs when we go out to eat.
  8. No after dinner/late night snacking.
  9. No pizza at D&D sessions. Just best to say no, since I can never stop myself from having 5+ pieces.
  10. No over eating after really long runs. (No over eating, period!)
I already broke 2 of the above rules just tonight, so I'll have to start first thing tomorrow. That sounds like a good plan!

Tomorrow night I head up to downtown Minneapolis for dinner and a Gopher football game at the Metrodome for my friends bachelor party. It should be a good time, if nothing else my good friend who joined my D&D group is going to be there, so we can talk about D&D the entire time if the bachelor is too busy talking with all the other family that will be there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a pretty good NO list... hmmm... let me get a pen and paper.

Phad/Phil

Anonymous said...

Wow, you could have let me in on a couple of those before I had to read them at your blog, they are toughies. You should enlist the help of your biggest supporter.