Sunday, September 14, 2008

Wet Weekend

I never delivered on my aforementioned Cookie Adventure story. Let me sum up: Ran 15.5 miles with promise of "big cookie" at the end. Cookie at the end sucked. Proceeded to 3 stores to find the perfect "big cookie". (Found out Mrs. Fields no longer exists in the Mall). Whewww.

So this weekend proceeded to rain on pretty much everyone I'm sure, but we tried not to let it distract too much. Saturday morning I was able to get out at 7am before it was raining and do a nice run. After that we had planned on going to the Target Children's Book Festival at Three Rivers Park. We did this last year as well... This year, it had slightly more meaning to us, but the outcome was much the same. (except no rain last year) Megan was unfocused, just wanted to run around, and in the end the rain forced us into an early retreat. But we made the most of it.









Last night was a great D&D session, but it looks like we might not have another one like that for quite awhile. I had high hopes that the fall and winter would be the time when people would have less going on and would be able to get more time for gaming in, but it just doesn't seem that way. Work, football, vacations, you name it. Maybe I need to start looking for another back up hobby... Hey, what's that World of Warcraft icon doing on my desktop?

But seriously, I do start to miss my TV for the simple fact that I wouldn't mind buying a new gaming system. (XBOX 360 would probably be the console of choice). Just to have something to do those odd hours I have to spare on the week nights. Some nice solid single player gaming action. I think for the first time since we got rid of the TV (March 1st) I'm actually missing it from a movie/video game stand point. Only 6 months? Sad! Going to need a few more years without it most likely... But don't tell my Mom I said that.

No comments: