Monday, April 13, 2009

Blog titles are overrated

When I mentioned not having any cold symptoms, I had no idea that the next time I would be posting is after just starting to get over those symptoms. Basically the day after my last post I finally got sick. I don't know why I thought I might avoid it. I'll blame wishful thinking.

So last week was sort of tough. I'm not gonna whine about it, just state the facts. I had to put in over 50 hours of work, which was basically working until 9-10pm Tue-Thur. Nothing really more to say about it, other then, well, it was tough. Andrea and Megan were real troopers and both helped to make the hours I had to work from home bareable. Despite the fact that they were buying pizza and/or subs every night for people on-site, I never stuck around for that and worked the extra hours from home.

As if the added work hours weren't enough to keep me busy last week, I was also attempting to get ready for a Dungeons and Dragons session as well. Somehow I found some time to do that, although not a lot. The session was a lot of fun, but I'm getting a little worried that the system is too combat oriented. That isn't actually a bad thing if everyone enjoys that aspect of gaming, and for the most part it seems like everyone does. As long as I weave an interesting story around the combat sessions, people have a good time. So that's all that matters really.

Coming up this week are hopefully my first series of outdoor runs (aside from the silly 30 degree race in March). I have to prep for this years Get In Gear 10k. I have a serious goal of hitting the 45 minute mark, which I feel short of last year by 17 seconds. I know 17 seconds doesn't sound like a lot, but at that pace, it is huge. I'll keep everyone posted on that, and in the meantime, hope for some good weather on April 25th!

No comments: